State and local governments are in a revolutionary period as they modernize from paper to electronic formats and workflows. The tension between record keeper and running an efficient government always presents key questions about how information governance will be implemented. State and local governments are also many times budget and resource constrained.
This has led to a paradigm shift in the way the Information Governance Committee™ within these organizations approach their infrastructures. Many are moving to the cloud in an effort to leverage new technology and reduce capital expenditures, and are beginning to embrace the operational expenditure model.
State governments and agencies must be prepared to
- Respond to FOI and PRA requests
- Conduct internal investigations
- Protect the private information of their citizens
- Exercise stringent security measurements
- Manage Mobility and Portability usage of employees
Fortis Quay, Inc. can consult state governmental agencies by