While we live in the age of the digital explosion, there are simple and measurable steps organizations can take to reduce risk and achieve compliance. The Quay Method™ is an approach to policy creation, technology selection, and employee compliance training that allows organizations to address the complex issues presented by the digital explosion. The Quay Method™ is unique becasue it evalutes the entire Information Governance Committee™ within an organization insteadof only one vantage point. We believe You Can't Manage What You Don't Measure™ and have designed our proprietary tools to bring this concept to life to reduce risk.
Typical compliance training today is not customized to adequately address the technology and processes within an organization. The ad hoc approach most commonly taken by organizations places policy, process, people, and technology on different pages. In order to be defensible and actionable and to realize return on investment from employees and the technology an organization has purchased, granular training to reduce eRisk is a necessity.
The core diagnostic around information governance risk begins with The Quay Calculator.™ This tool will give an organization, from the view point of Information Governance Committee, a score. These scores are coined the Quay Values™ and are numbers derived from the Information Governance Risk Index. The first score is organizational and the second is departmental. Regulatory overlays may be placed on the assessment. These scores, explained in a resultant document, suggest ways an organization can mitigate risk with the appropriate call(s) to action.
We then work with clients to rectify their areas of risk, increase employee compliance, and when applicable, report scores to their insurers for rate reductions and confirmation of coverage. The eLearning modules are the vehicles through which we reduce risk with employee training on emerging topics not typically covered in traditional compliance suites. We also conduct extensive reporting so the organization can manage their weakest links and resolve any policy or technology issues.
Each eLearning module allows approximately 100 days for each employee to complete. We recommend
- Beginning all new employees on their selected modules as part of the on-boarding process
- Training 5% of the employee base, with job descriptions that require them to interact with data, on their selected modules
- Training 25% of the remaining employee base thereafter until each employee has finished the selected module(s)
What we offer
- Custom modules
- Updates on module content. Included for a flat fee for the term of the contract
- Ability for Insurance carriers, underwriters, and brokers to evaluate information governance in their risk assessments and coverage of the organization
- Fortis Quay, Inc. partners with organizations and insurers to reduce information governance risk by developing best practices, providing compliance training, and recommending appropriate policies and technology